Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Cake on my face...

... salt cakes that is (will get to this shortly). I've been told that I havent had any "relevant" updates on the blog so here goes. I thought it would be more interesting to watch yngvie teach little boys about their new guitar god but anyway.

So I'm up to 19 miles now. I checked and I double checked and thats the most we're supposed to do before the run. That 19 miles was two weeks ago, we have officially entered the tapering part of the run. Which means lots of rest, runs are much shorter and we get to eat all we want (healing etc.). So I'm loving it. We ran up and down the samammish river trail. Its a total of 10.8 miles. We started at Redhook brewery ran south to marymoor and back (5.5+5.5 == 11 miles) and then further up north for another 4 and back. Probably the 2nd worst run I've had this season. I did it in under 180 minutes so slightly better than a 10 minute mile pace. The fact that it was flat was nice.

The scary thing is that this was hard and I still have 7 miles to go. I'm a little nervous. I'm told its all good and we're sticking to the plan. oh well... The run is in about a week and a half. Its a little underwhelming right now. I think I should start packing, that will get me in the zone.

oh and when the sweat on my face dries up the salt cakes up. sorry... stay tuned for some good tips

7 comments:

ather said...

bro - all the best. my 26.2 wishes with you...

ather said...

you should've written a mohammad ali style blog before you left for the marathon. nevertheless, i am sure it'll be piece of cake (perhaps two or half a cake at the most) - specially with those oakleys

Anonymous said...

I live by Sammamish River Trail and relish the privilege of being able to hit the trail whenever I want to! Good luck!!

Sean Valley said...

Saad. You are a Rock Star! It has been fun running with you, and getting to know you. You made TNT a very fun experience. I hope you will stick with it. I think you would be a great mentor, and you should seriously consider it for next year. (I don't recommend more than one TNT event a year, but others have done it successfully). My best to you in all you do, stay in touch!!

Sean

Saad Ansari said...

Thanks Sean! I'm definitely thinking about being a mentor. I'll see you next saturday!

Anonymous said...

Hi Everybody!

i have been trying to figure out a place to begin with the acai berry free trial & was just wondering if anybody had some opinions on whether or not the stuff works for dieting? So far this is the one [url=http://acaiberries.zoomblog.com/]article[/url] I have been able to come across that seemed real for what my goals are. Thoughts?

Anonymous said...

Hey Everybody!

Here's one of the most informative internet sites I have found so far about weight loss and dieting information. Her story at [url=http://suesdiary.info]Sues Diary[/url] is inspirational at the very least.