Tuesday, June 26, 2007

"just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in"


Back from the hiatus, the show went supremely well even with the mistakes. I thought after accomplishing the marathon and the "Show", life would be peaceful, but it looks like there is more action up ahead. Bellevue half marathon in 2 weeks, 15 minutes show at the Seattle downtown guitar center this weekend and then an open Mic on the microsoft campus in another week. I think I/we are prepared for it all. I just hope my band mates dont find out about my half marathon and my running partners dont find out about my gigs :) As they say the best way to keep a secret is out in the open. This way I will know for sure who reads my blog anyway.

Back to the show, we had a good lineup of songs, including two of our original and very dark numbers. We decided to cut Aitebar, somehow its our Achilles just like Floyd. I'm still waiting on the videos, so stay tuned. Meanwhile, I'll shamelessly copy some unflattering pictures here
The concert was held for a school that Mona and Umaimah are working on setting up in Akri with The Citizens' Foundation. Its a great cause, please check out www.thedreamfly.org for more details.

pictures courtesy of Waqas Ahmed and Atif Gul

Nauman - drummer

Me - waiting for my cue


Take a bow

Do Pal
bla bla bla
more bla
Adil - singer

Alvi with his strat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Saad,

nice pictures - i love the green outside the windows in the background!

Glad to see you're keeping up w. the running - it's addictive esp. if you've got a posse!