Thursday, March 1, 2007

Quotes

I got some great quotes today. Trying to figure out which ones are by Gandhi and which ones by Muhammad Ali


I'm not the greatest; I'm the double greatest. Not only do I knock 'em out, I pick the round.
It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.
Floats like a butterfly, sting like a bee, his hands can't hit what his eyes can't see.
I done wrestled with an alligator, I done tussled with a whale; handcuffed lightning, thrown thunder in jail; only last week, I murdered a rock, injured a stone, hospitalised a brick; I'm so mean I make medicine sick.
I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and got into bed before the room was dark.
The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.
Superman don't need no seatbelt.

3 comments:

ather said...

bro you really aren't sure whether it was ali or gandhi who said this:

I'm not the greatest; I'm the double greatest. Not only do I knock 'em out, I pick the round.

:)

ather said...

>> Superman don't need no seatbelt.

... no wonder. Alas, the police doesn't get it!

ather said...

the next time a cop stops me for not wearing seatbelts, I'll quote Ali (with the hopes that the cop doesn't get back to me saying that superman doesn't need no cars either)