Tuesday, April 24, 2007

310 miles ...

I was doing some math and I've run 310 miles since February. Thats around 100 odd miles a month. Apparently when you're training for an iron-man thats your weekly mileage. and if you're Dean, thats your daily mileage :-)

Here's a thought, I should run from lahore to islamabad. Thats about 370 km on the motorway, 290 km on the old highway (GT Road). So I'm roughly looking at 230 miles. I could run 10 miles a day (very aggressive for me) to finish in about a month. There have to be lots of stops in the middle and no porta-pots ... hmm. this actually sounds doable. To the wanderers on this page, is anyone interested? Just nod if you can hear me.

4 comments:

ather said...

the day i can afford to take a month long vacation, i'd take this up with you - only that i'd prefer to be on a bike. moreover, i'll need engines to take us up to the kallar kahar range :)

it's a good idea though

Usman Shami said...

only if the plan is to go by GT Road and stop at all the Dhaba restaurants, especially 'mian jee ka hotel' :P
and of course one month vacation pointed out by ather is a given ...

Uzair said...

You'd have to be an absolute sadist to try Islamabad-Lahore on a bike...or are you forgetting the Salt Range? London-Brighton is only *mildly* hilly by comparison and pretty short at 60 miles...but just the memory of that trip makes me shudder.

Saad Ansari said...

absolute sa(a)dist :)

you know I never realized biking uphill was so much harder than running uphill. but who doesnt like hills right?

I must ponder the quandary.