Monday, April 16, 2007

Half Marathon - Done!

2 hours 15 minutes (gun time) which is of course prone to error :-) My stop watch says 2:13 ;) my chip time should be close. I got a finishers medal and everything. I ran with two of my team-mates (Eric/Yi). All of us were pretty comfortable doing 10 minute mile paces which was great. We screamed the mile numbers as we crossed the markers! It was a beautiful day and we ran next to the whidbey coast. couldnt has asked for a more perfect first race. I wasn't quiet anticipating the hills though.



The full marathoners had a killer hill around mile 5 and they got to run over deception pass. I tried walking over it and it made me dizzy :)

But this isnt even the big news! I met Dean Karnazes!!!! My running hero, my main motivation for taking up running. The ultramarathon man himself! He was supposed to show up for the pasta dinner the night before but couldnt make it. However, he made it to the race. Very cool guy.





I made sure I hit the lap-time on my stop watch, I'll post the results here tomorrow.

2 comments:

ather said...

congrats bro!
now you just need to do this again, twice, in a row.

NAzhar said...

congrats, bro! very cool stuff indeed....next time call me during the marathon :-D